Saturday, June 11, 2016

"Fill me with joy and gladness; let the bones which thou hast broken rejoice." Psalm 51:8 (RSVCE)

Meditation: "I will soon be in the horrors of the tomb! And you will also be there one day, my little Mother!... And upon seeing you arrive after me, 'my humiliated bones will shiver with joy'"† (St. Thérèse is referring to her sister, Pauline. After the death of her mother, Thérèse adopted Pauline as her "little Mother". Pauline died in 1951 at the age of ninety, 54 years later.)

"Create in me a clean heart, O God,
    and put a new and right spirit within me." 

Psalm 51:10 (RSVCE)

Meditation: Lord, cleanse me of my sins and I shall be whiter than snow.

"Restore to me the joy of thy salvation,
    and uphold me with a willing spirit.
    Then I will teach transgressors thy ways,
    and sinners will return to thee." Psalm 51:12-13 (RSVCE)

Meditation: I am reborn through the mercy and forgiveness of Jesus and he has commissioned me to spread the good news. 

"The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit;    
a broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."  Psalm 51:17 (RSVCE)

Meditation: "Your mistake is corrected by the sincere repentance that you show. The memory of this infidelity, far from being harmful to your soul, will keep it humble and you will not forget it. There is no sacrifice more pleasing to God than that of a humble and contrite heart."

de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 76. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 22nd prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!

Prayer 22

Madonna in Glory1

Queen unrivaled, who in heaven on high dost enjoy the high glory of being crowned by thy Divine Son with a royal diadem; help us to share thy matchless virtues, and ask for us that, purified in heart, we may be made worthy to be crowned with thee in Paradise. Amen.43


1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
43"Raccolta: Novena in Preparation for the Feast of the Assumption" Web. 8 June 2016. 
<http://www.liturgialatina.org/raccolta/novenas.htm>.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment