Monday, June 13, 2016



"Behold, God is my helper;
    the Lord is the upholder of my life." Psalm 54:4 (RSVCE)

Meditation: The Lord is my helper; he will not leave me without support.

"And I say, 'O that I had wings like a dove!
    I would fly away and be at rest;
yea, I would wander afar,
    I would lodge in the wilderness,
I would haste to find me a shelter
    from the raging wind and tempest.'" Psalm 55:6-8 (RSVCE)

Meditation: 

"With a heart like mine, if I had allowed my wings to be clipped, how would I have been able 'to fly and rest'? How can a heart given over to the affection of creatures unite itself intimately to God?"† Thérèse de Lisieux

"Cast your burden on the Lord, 
        and he will sustain you." Psalm 55:22 (RSVCE)

Meditation: The Lord provides all that I need to live life abundantly.

de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 76. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 24th prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!

Prayer 24

Madonna in Glory1

Queen unrivaled, whose desire it is to see men pure and clean of heart, that so they may be made worthy of thy God; obtain for us forgiveness of our sins, and help us, that all our looks, words, and deeds may please his heavenly Majesty. Amen.47


1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
47"Raccolta: Novena in Preparation for the Feast of the Assumption" Web. 12 June 2016. 
<http://www.liturgialatina.org/raccolta/novenas.htm>.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment