Sunday, June 26, 2016



"But I am poor and needy;
    hasten to me, O God!
Thou art my help and my deliverer;
    O Lord, do not tarry!" Psalm 70:5 (RSVCE)

Meditation: Lord, heal me for I am in distress.

"For thou, O Lord, art my hope,
    my trust, O Lord, from my youth." Psalm 71:5 (RSVCE)

Meditation: Do not lose hope. The Lord has taken care of you since you were conceived in your mother's womb.

"Do not cast me off in the time of old age;
  forsake me not when my strength is spent." Psalm 71:9 (RSVCE)

Meditation: Father, what shall I do for you with the time I have left?

"O God, from my youth thou hast taught me,
    and I still proclaim thy wondrous deeds.
    So even to old age and gray hairs." Psalm 71:17 (RSVCE)

Meditation: "O my God, you have surpassed my expectations and I wish to sing your mercies. What will old age be for me? It seems to me that it could be now." Perhaps Thérèse de Lisieux sensed that she would not live a long life.

"Thou who hast made me see many sore troubles
    wilt revive me again;
from the depths of the earth
   thou wilt bring me up again." Psalm 71:20 (RSVCE)

Meditation: Restore me to life again, O Lord, as you did Jesus on the third day after his crucifixion. 

de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 77. Print. Trans. John P. Gross. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 35th prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!

Prayer 35

Madonna in Glory1

Guardian of virgins, and holy father Joseph, to whose faithful custody Christ Jesus, Innocence itself, and Mary, Virgin of virgins, were committed; I pray much beseech thee by these dear pledges, Jesus and Mary, that being preserved from all uncleanness, I may with spotless mind, pure heart, and chaste body, ever most chastely serve Jesus and Mary all the days of my life. Amen.69


1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
69"Raccolta: St. Joseph." Web. 24 June 2016. 
<http://www.liturgialatina.org/raccolta/joseph.htm>.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment