Sunday, June 19, 2016



"O God, thou art my God, I seek thee,
    my soul thirsts for thee;
my flesh faints for thee,
    as in a dry and weary land where no water is." 
Psalm 63:1 (RSVCE)

Meditation: My body thirsts for power, riches and fame; my soul yearns for God and will not rest until it sees his face.

Meditation: "I found no help on the earth which appeared to me to be an arid and waterless desert; all my hope was in the Good God alone."† Thérèse de Lisieux

"My soul is feasted as with marrow and fat,
    and my mouth praises thee with joyful lips." Psalm 63:5 (RSVCE)

Meditation: "Our souls are filled with a sweetness that is greater than if we had tasted the most delicious foods, and we break out in songs of praise."Letter from Thérèse de Lisieux to Sister Geneviève and Sister Marie of the Eucharist

"For thou hast been my help,
    and in the shadow of thy wings I sing for joy." Psalm 63:7 (RSVCE)

Meditation: The greatest gift that Jesus gives us is peace. Let us therefore meditate upon the Lord. He will help carry our burdens and give us a peace that surpasses all understanding. Come, Lord Jesus, and give me your peace. And may his peace be with all of you now and forever. Amen.


de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 76, 295. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 30th prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!

Prayer 30

Madonna in Glory1

O Jesus, Son of the living God, brightness of the Eternal Light, generated most pure from all eternity in the bosom of the Eternal Father; who didst will to be born in time of a most pure immaculate Virgin, - I, Thy most frail creature, with all my heart pray Thee to keep me pure in soul and body, and to make holy purity flourish to the full again in Thy Holy Church, to Thine own greater glory, and to the Salvation of the souls redeemed by Thee. Amen.59


1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
59"Raccolta: Prayers To Obtain Holy Purity." Web. 12 June 2016. 
<http://www.liturgialatina.org/raccolta/family.htm>.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment