Sunday, June 5, 2016


"Oh send out thy light and thy truth;
let them lead me,
let them bring me to thy holy hill
and to thy dwelling!" Psalm 43:3 (RSVCE)

Meditation: Lord, with your light guiding my feet, I will be a path of life to everyone.

"But thou hast saved us from our foes,
and hast put to confusion those who hate us."
 
Psalm 44:7 (RSVCE)


Meditation: David defeated Goliath not with human strength and sword, but with five stones and a sling shot and the power of God.


"Thou hast made us turn back from the foe;
and our enemies have gotten spoil." Psalm 44:10 (RSVCE)

Meditation: I know, Lord, that you must chastise us to draw us back to you. Yet, even were I stripped of all enjoyment and encouragement, I would still cling to you for yourself.

"For our soul is bowed down to the dust;
our body cleaves to the ground." Psalm 44:25 (RSVCE)

Meditation: Lord, even prostrate in the dust, if I turn my face toward heaven, I will see your strong right arm reaching down to bring me to my feet. No matter how bad things become, I know that you make everything in the end work together for the good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 15th prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!

Prayer 15


Madonna in Glory1

Visit us, O Lord, we beseech Thee, and purify our hearts; that our Lord Jesus Christ Thy Son, when He comes with all his saints, may find a dwelling-place prepared for Himself within us. Who with Thee liveth and reigneth for ever and ever. Amen.29


1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
29"Raccolta: The 40 'Ave Maria's' in Honor of Her Sacred Delivery." Web. 2 June 2016. 
<http://www.liturgialatina.org/raccolta/mary.htm>.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment