Wednesday, June 22, 2016



"May God be gracious to us and bless us
    and make his face to shine upon us." Psalm 67:1 (RSVCE)


Meditation: Father, you are merciful to me and you bless me every day with life and abundance.

"Sing to God, sing praises to his name;
    lift up a song to him who rides upon the clouds;
    his name is the Lord, exult before him!" Psalm 68:4 (RSVCE)

Meditation: Father, I sing praise to your name and rejoice in your presence.

"Blessed be the Lord,
    who daily bears us up;
    God is our salvation." Psalm 68:19 (RSVCE)

Meditation: `When I am too tired to walk, Jesus carries me in his arms.

"Thy solemn processions are seen, O God,
    the processions of my God, my King, into the sanctuary... 
    There is Benjamin, the least of them, in the lead,
    the princes of Judah in their throng,
    the princes of Zeb'ulun, the princes of Naph'tali."
    Psalm 68:24-27 (RSVCE)

Meditation: "I figure that these choice places, denied to great saints, to martyrs, will belong to the little children... Didn't David predict that when he said that 'the little Benjamin will lead the assembly' of the saints?" (Thérèse is referring to Jesus' answer to the mother of James and John when she asked him if her sons could sit beside him in heaven. Jesus said that would be determined by his Father. Benjamin was a small tribe greatly reduced in numbers.)

"Let bronze be brought from Egypt;
    let Ethiopia hasten to stretch out her hands to God."
    Psalm 68:31 (RSVCE)

Meditation: My gift to you, O Lord, is a humble, contrite heart.

de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 77. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 33rd prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!

Prayer 33

Madonna in Glory1

Deign, Mother and Lady most tender, to accept this poor heart, my memory, my will, and all my other powers and senses, internal and external; accept my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my hands, my feet; govern them all in conformity to the good pleasure of thy Son, as I intend by every movement of them to give thee infinite glory. Amen.65


1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
65"Raccolta: The Most Holy Trinity: Prayers to the Most Blessed Virgin." Web. 18 June 2016. 
<http://www.liturgialatina.org/raccolta/trinity.htm>.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment