Wednesday, June 15, 2016


"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
    for in thee my soul takes refuge;
in the shadow of thy wings I will take refuge,
    till the storms of destruction pass by." Psalm 57:1 (RSVCE)

Meditation: God protects me by hiding me in the shadow of his wings.

    "Awake, my soul!
Awake, O harp and lyre!
    I will awake the dawn!" Psalm 57:8 (RSVCE)

Meditation: I praise God at dawn for having protected me during the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 26th prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!

Prayer 26

Madonna in Glory1

O God, who through the Immaculate Conception of a Virgin didst prepare a worthy dwelling-place for Thy Son, we beseech Thee, who by the death of that Son, foreseen by Thee, didst preserve her from every stain of sin, to grant that by her intercession we also may be purified, and so may come to Thee. Amen.51


1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
51"Raccolta: Novena in Preparation for the Feast of the Assumption" Web. 12 June 2016. 
<http://www.liturgialatina.org/raccolta/novenas.htm>.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment