Saturday, June 4, 2016


"As for me, I said, 'O Lord, be gracious to me;
heal me, for I have sinned against thee!'" Psalm 41:4 (RSVCE)

Meditation: Jesus, you came to heal the sick and the sinner. Heal me then in body and soul for I have sinned against you.

"As a hart longs
for flowing streams,
so longs my soul
for thee, O God." Psalm 42:1 (RSVCE)

Meditation: 

"Like a deer with burning thirst 
Longs for gushing water
O Jesus, I run toward you
Fainting with weakness."

"Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you disquieted within me?" Psalm 42:2 (RSVCE)

Meditation: "O my soul, why are you sad?...why worry?...Yes, I will go with the multitude of the just, I will enter with them the house of God, among cries of joy and songs of praise, among the group of Virgins transported with joy!"(St.Thérèse de Lisieux sees herself with other virgins entering heaven.)

"Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my help and my God." Psalm 42:5 (RSVCE)

Meditation: "To be in the depths of despair, would be to have no faith in God." Marilla Cuthbert, Anne of Green Gables

"Deep calls to deep
at the thunder of thy cataracts;
all thy waves and thy billows
have gone over me." Psalm 42:7 (RSVCE)

Meditation: Father, the wonders of creation bring me back to you.

de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 75. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 14th prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!

Prayer 14


Madonna in Glory1

My Queen! my Mother! I give thee all myself; and to show my devotion to thee, I consecrate to thee this day my eyes, ears, mouth, heart, myself wholly and without reserve. Wherefore, O loving Mother, as I am thine own, keep me, defend me, as thy property and thy own possession. Amen.27


1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
27"Raccolta: O Domina Mea!." Web. 20 May 2016. <http://www.liturgialatina.org/raccolta/mary.htm>.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment