Wednesday, May 18, 2016



"Yet you brought me safely from my mother’s womb and led me to trust you at my mother’s breast. I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born." (Psalm 22:9-10)

Meditation: Lord, you knew me before I was born, have watched over me since I took my first breath, and will be with me as I take my last.


"They have pierced my hands and feet. I can count all my bones. My enemies stare at me and gloat. They divide my garments among themselves and throw dice for my clothing." (Psalm 22:16-18)

Meditation: Thank you, Jesus, for suffering so much and dying to save me.

"The poor will eat and be satisfied. All who seek the LORD will praise him. Their hearts will rejoice with everlasting joy." (Psalm 22:26)

Meditation: When times are lean, Jesus is my comfort food. He is the bread of life.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 18th excerpt from my book, Rosary Poetry: Poems on the life of Jesus Christ. Enjoy!



The Descent of the Holy Spirit

Silent prayers 
Rose up to God like incense,
As they prepared, waited, hoped
For the Holy Spirit, their recompense.

Ten long days since Jesus left them.
Seemed much longer.
Almost prisoners in this house,
Fears of arrest grew stronger.

More than a hundred of His followers,
All His church gathered in one room,
Sensed something miraculous in the air,
A mystical storm about them loomed.

Then an explosion of light from above, 
Like a ball of fire.
And a roaring wind,
As the divine sought to quench their desire.

Flickering flames of love
Came to rest on His elect so surprised,
Filling them with fervor, ardor and passion.
The Spirit of God had arrived!

Sudden enlightenment,
All became clear.
Our Lord's vision now theirs,
To be shared far and near.

Time for action,
Souls to be saved,
Miracles and revelation,
Freedom at last for the evil enslaved.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge for the glory of God, in deep appreciation for the mercy and grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment