Monday, May 23, 2016

"The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart." (Psalm 28:7)

Meditation: "I believe above a storm the smallest prayer can still be heard; I believe that someone in the great somewhere hears every word." "I believe" by Irvin Graham, Ervin Drake, Shirl Jimmy and Al Stillman

"The LORD gives his people strength. The LORD blesses them with peace." (Psalm 29:11)

Meditation: God blesses me with peace.

"Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning." (Psalm 30:5)

Meditation: The light of God's peace overcomes the worries of the night.

"You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy." (Psalm 30:11)

Meditation: Lord, the light of your glory always shine in the dark.

"In thee, O Lord, have I hoped, let me never be confounded: deliver me in thy justice." (Psalm 31:2)

Meditation: "'In te Domine speravi.' (In you, Lord, I hope.) At the moment of our greatest pain, how happy I was to say this verse in the choir!"

de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 73. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.


Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.







No comments:

Post a Comment