Saturday, May 28, 2016

"Bring out the sword, and shut up the way against them that persecute me: say to my soul: I am thy salvation." (Psalm 35:3)

Meditation: Lord, you are my rock and my salvation.

"Lord, when wilt thou look upon me? rescue thou my soul from their malice: my only one from the lions.
 I will give thanks to thee in a great church; I will praise thee in a strong people." 
 (Psalm 35:17-18)

Meditation: With the grace of God I will conquer evil by doing good.

"Judge me, O Lord my God according to thy justice, and let them not rejoice over me." (Psalm 35:24)

Meditation: The verdict is in: because of my belief in Jesus Christ, I have been found "not guilty."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the eigth prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!


Prayer 8
Madonna in Glory1

O Jesus, salvation of those who believe in Thee. Jesus, consolation of those who fly to Thee. Jesus, Son of Mary the Virgin, pour into me grace, wisdom, charity, chastity, and humility, that I may be able perfectly to love Thee, to praise Thee, to enjoy Thee, to serve Thee, and make my boast in Thee, and that all those who invoke Thy Name, which is Jesus, may join with me in these acts. Amen.15



1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
15"Raccolta: Prayer To The Most Holy Name Of Jesus." Web. 20 May 2016. 
<http://www.liturgialatina.org/raccolta/jesus.htm>.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment