Saturday, May 21, 2016


"Show me the right path, O LORD ; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you." (Psalm 25:4-5)

Meditation: Lord, you are a lamp unto my feet.


"For the honor of your name, O LORD, forgive my many, many sins." (Psalm 25:11)

Meditation: Lord, wash away my iniquities and cleanse me of my sin.

"Turn to me and have mercy, for I am alone and in deep distress.
 My problems go from bad to worse. Oh, save me from them all!" 
(Psalm 25:16-17)

Meditation: The Lord is my helper; he will not leave me without support.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the first excerpt from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!




*Madonna in Glory



"100 Prayers of Purity for the

Mission of Our Lady of America"


Dedicated
TO AMERICA

May God mend thine every flaw,
confirm thy soul in self-control,
and refine thy gold till all success
be nobleness and every gain divine!
and
TO THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY
Patroness of our beloved Land

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Lady of America


The Virgin Mary appeared to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil) in 1956 as Our Lady of America. She stated that her "mission is to lead the world through the United States out from the culture of Death into a culture of life and love with purity and peace by a movement of renewal on the face of the earth and the promise of protection."‡

Our Lady of America encourages us to seek Her as our model of purity. The more pure we become, the more pleasing we are to Her Son. We live chaste lives by expressing ourselves in ways that make us worthy to be temples of the Holy Spirit: avoiding pre-marital sex, abortion, contraception, and other sexual experiences that impede procreation.§

We must pray, too, for the grace to live a pure life and achieve holiness. Prayer puts us in communion with God. The more we pray, the stronger that union becomes until we reach the point where we love God too much to indulge in behaviors that would offend Him.

Saint Alphonsus de Liguori, that great Doctor of Prayer, said that the one who prays is certainly saved; the one who does not pray is certainly condemned. I believe it was Saint Teresa of Avila who said that prayer and sin can not exist together. Prayer eventually gets the upper hand and he who prays daily will be saved because of it.

The question becomes, "How do I pray for purity?" There are many prayers of purity that have come down to us through the years, although they are not well known by the general public. Addressed to God the Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and the great Saints, they petition for the grace we need to lead pure and holy lives.

I have included 100 such prayers in this book. Say one prayer each day for 100 days and you'll begin to sense a change in your behavior. Keep repeating the 100-day cycle and eventually you will become adept at controlling your impure thoughts and behaviors.

May all children of America pray for the grace to lead chaste and holy lives. In the words of Our Lady of America: "I, their Mother, will teach them to become pure like to my Heart that their own hearts may be more pleasing to the Heart of my Son."§

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eternal Father, I unite my thoughts to Mary's thoughts, united to your thoughts. Eternal Word, I unite my words to Mary's words, united to you who are the Eternal Word. Holy Spirit, I unite all my love and work to the love and work of Mary, united to you who are infinite love and unceasing activity." Mother Angelica, Eternal World Television Network.


*"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
"Creative Commons License." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>

†Bates, Katharine. "America the Beautiful" National Institutes of Health, Department of Health & Human Services. 1893. Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/games/songs/patriotic/america-the-beautiful/index.htm>

‡Dan Lynch, Our Lady of America, Our Hope for the States (Vermont: JKMI Press, 2007), p. ix.

§ibid, p.50.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Prayer 1


Madonna in Glory1

Oh Immaculate Mother, Queen of our country, open our hearts, our homes, and our land to the coming of Jesus, your Divine Son. With Him, reign over us, O heavenly Lady, so pure and so bright with the radiance of God's light shining in and about you. Be our leader against the powers of evil set upon wresting the world of souls, redeemed at such a great cost by the sufferings of your Son and of yourself, in union with Him, from that same Savior, Who loves us with infinite charity. Amen.2


1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
"Creative Commons License." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>

2"Prayer by Sister Mary Ephrem at Our Lady of America." Our Lady of America. Web. 18 May 2016. <http://www.ourladyofamerica.org/prayers_mildred.php>

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment