Tuesday, May 24, 2016


"I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy. For thou hast regarded my humility, thou hast saved my soul out of distresses." (Psalm 31:7)

Meditation: I will not be seized with alarm, fear or dread because thou art with me.

"But I have put my trust in thee, O Lord: I said: Thou art my God." (Psalm 31:14)

Meditation: Even in my sin I still turn to thee, Father, and say: Thou art my God.

"O how great is the multitude of thy sweetness, O Lord, which thou hast hidden for them that fear thee!" (Psalm 31:19)

Meditation: Father, my future is in thy hands.

"Thou shalt hide them (those who hope in thee) in the secret of thy face, from the disturbance of men." (Psalm 31:20)

Meditation: 

"Ah! Let me, Lord, hide myself in thy Face
There I will no longer hear the vain noise of the world."

Your Face is my only treasure
I ask for nothing more
And constantly hiding me
I will resemble you, Jesus...
Leave on me the Divine imprint
of your features filled with sorrows.

Remember how often I long
for the the day of the last judgment (...)
Then I will quickly cross over space
To hide myself in your Divine Face.


de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 74. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Here is the fourth prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!

Prayer 4
Madonna in Glory1


We ask no special sign of you, sweet Mother, for we believe in your great love for us, and we place in you our entire confidence. We promise to honor you by faith, love, and the purity of our lives according to your desire. May your valiant spouse, St. Joseph, with the holy Angels and Saints, assist you and us in "renewing the face of the earth." Then when our work is over, come, Holy Immaculate Mother, and as our Victorious Queen, lead us to the eternal kingdom, where your Son reigns forever as King. Amen.7


1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
7"Prayer by Sister Mary Ephrem at Our Lady of America." Our Lady of America. Web. 28 Oct 2009. <http://www.ourladyofamerica.org/prayers_ mildred.php>.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment