Thursday, May 19, 2016

"The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need." 
(Psalm 23:1)

Meditation: The Lord provides all that I need to live life abundantly.

"He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams." (Psalm 23:2)

Meditation: The Lord takes strain and stress away from my soul, and leaves me the beauty of his peace.

"He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name."  (Psalm 22:3)

Meditation: The Lord helps me to make wise decisions that bring honor to his name.

"Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me." (Psalm 22:4)

Meditation: The Lord supports me with his loving hand and protects me with his mighty arm.

"You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings." (Psalm 22:5)

Meditation: My cup overflows with the Lord's many blessings, gifts and graces.

"Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever." (Psalm 22:6)

Meditation: Just as Adam enjoyed the company of the Lord in his earthly garden, I will enjoy walking and talking with the Lord in paradise.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 19th excerpt from my book, Rosary Poetry: Poems on the life of Jesus Christ. Enjoy!



The Assumption of Mary11

Rise, my mother, your son is here.
The time for tears is through.
Glorified body, immaculate soul, 
I have prepared a table for you.

Come into the joy of your Father's house,
Queen of the Immaculate Conception.
Ascend with me through the clouds,
Beyond the universe, to the portals of Heaven.

Reap the rewards of your sanctified life,
Sweet virgen Mary, Yaweh's beloved,
Spouse of the Holy Spirit, Full of grace.
Blessed Lady, guard men's souls from above.

Lift up, golden gates,
Come forth, heavenly hosts,
Take my mother to her throne,
Lead her to the Father and Holy Ghost.

Do not mourn, my brothers on earth,
For your mother is home.
What jubilant cheers waft upward!
The angels sway to the heavenly tones!

11de Liguori, St. Alphonsus. The Glories of Mary. Brooklyn, NY: Redemptorist Fathers, 1931. 424-428. Print.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge for the glory of God, in deep appreciation for the mercy and grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment