Friday, September 16, 2016


"You have done many good things for me, LORD,
just as you promised." Psalm 119:65 (NLT)

Meditation: Thank you, Father, for all the prayers you have answered for me.

"May I be blameless in keeping your decrees;
then I will never be ashamed." Psalm 119:65 (NLT)

Meditation: "Keep my heart pure, Jesus, my tender Spouse!... Cover me with nothing but your shadow today." 

"I am yours; rescue me!
For I have worked hard at obeying your commandments."
Psalm 119:94 (NLT)

Meditation: Lord, you saved me because I obeyed your commandments. 

"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105 (NLT)

Meditation: I seek the Lord's will in all I do; his word illuminates the road that leads to eternal life.

"I have inclined my heart to do thy justifications for ever, for the reward." Psalm 119:112 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Meditation: "O my Jesus, you know well that it is not for the reward that I serve you; but uniquely because I love you and to save souls." 

"You are my refuge and my shield;
your word is my source of hope." Psalm 119:114 (NLT)

Meditation: Lord, you are my refuge, my shield, my rock, my salvation, and my only source of hope. 


"I will hurry, without delay,
to obey your commands.
I am even wiser than my elders,
for I have kept your commandments.
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
and a light for my path.
I am insignificant and despised,
but I don’t forget your commandments." 
Psalm 119:60,100,105,141 (NLT)

Meditation: "We typically measure experience in years. In his adolescence, the saintly King David sang to his Lord: 'I am young and scorned.' Nevertheless, in the same psalm 118, he is not afraid to say: 'I have become wiser than the elders because I sought to do your will... Your word is a lamp that lights my steps... I am ready to carry out your commandments and nothing will stop me from doing it.'"†  (Although David was young, he had gained more wisdom than those much older than he by studying God's word.)


de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 88. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment