Sunday, September 18, 2016


"Guide my steps by your word,
so I will not be overcome by evil." Psalm 119:133 (NLT)

Meditation: Lord, your word speaks comfort to me, for I see that you understand me and love me despite all my flaws.

"LORD, how great is your mercy;
let me be revived by following your regulations."
Psalm 119:156 (NLT)

Meditation: I shall not die, but live because I obey God's word.

"Those who love your instructions have great peace
and do not stumble." Psalm 119:165 (NLT)

Meditation: Lord, you have made my crooked ways straight again and I am reborn! Alleluia! Your word has brought me peace.

"How I suffer in far-off Meshech.
It pains me to live in distant Kedar." Psalm 120:5 (NLT)

Meditation: (Meshech and Kedar were barbaric tribes near Israel. The psalmist is complaining that it is difficult to live a spiritual life among heathens.) I pray that the wicked will repent, but I will not let them distract me from following the Lord's path. 

"I search for peace;
but when I speak of peace, they want war!" Psalm 120:7 (NLT)

Meditation: Light and darkness are incompatible. I chose the light, but I do not curse the darkness. Rather, I pray that they who abide in the darkness will one day bask in the light of God's peace that "passeth all understanding." 

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment