Wednesday, September 28, 2016


"How wonderful and pleasant it is
when brothers live together in harmony!" Psalm 133:4 (NLT)

Meditation: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall see God.

Meditation: "Saint King David was right when he sang, 'How good it is when bothers live together in perfect union.' It is true, I have felt it often, but it is within sacrifices that this union ought to take place." 

"May the LORD, who made heaven and earth,
bless you from Jerusalem." Psalm 134:3 (NLT)

Meditation: May the Lord bless you and protect you; may he look with favor upon you and be gracious to you; may he give you peace by healing you and providing all that you need to live life abundantly. 

"Praise the LORD!
Praise the name of the LORD!" Psalm 135:1 (NLT)

Meditation: When all is said and done, I will spend my time just praising the Lord.

"They have mouths but cannot speak,
and eyes but cannot see.
They have ears but cannot hear." Psalm 135:16-17a (NLT)

Meditation: Blessed are my eyes for they see God in everything; blessed are my ears for they hear the truth whenever God's word is spoken.


de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 89. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.


____________________

Here is Psalm 3 from my book, "Praying the Psalms for the Unborn Child." 


Psalm 3 

Holy Week
(Morning Prayer of Trust in God.)
Jesus, the blessed man of Psalm 1 in conflict with society in Psalm 2, prays for protection 6. His prayer is our prayer.
1O LORD, how my adversaries have increased!
Many are rising up against me.
2Many are saying of my soul,
"There is no deliverance for him in God."

3But You, O LORD, are a shield about me,
My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
4I was crying to the LORD with my voice,
And He answered me from His holy mountain.

5I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.
6I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who have set themselves against me round about.

7Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God!
For You have smitten all my enemies on the cheek;
You have shattered the teeth of the wicked.
8Salvation belongs to the LORD;
Your blessing be upon Your people!
Evil surrounds Jesus (and us) (3:1), His enemies say that God will not help Him or those who believe in Him (3:2). God is our shield (3:3) and is always listening to our prayers (3:4). Whether asleep or awake, He will protect us. (3:5) No matter the strength of the enemy (fallen angels7) (3:6), He will defeat them (3:7). God is our salvation and He bestows blessings on His people (3:8).

Prayer for life: Jesus, the unborn are being attacked by the wicked just as you were attacked. I know you hear my prayers. Give me the strength to have this baby. Support me through my pregnancy and bless me for saving my child. Amen.

Have a blessed day!
John



Reardon, Patrick. Christ in the Psalms. Ben Lomond, CA: Conciliar Press, 2000. 5. Print..
The Orthodox Study Bible. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2008. 683. Print. 

Scripture (Psalms 1-21) taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment