Monday, September 26, 2016


"LORD, if you kept a record of our sins,
who, O Lord, could ever survive?
But you offer forgiveness,
that we might learn to fear you."
 Psalm 130:3-4 (NLT)

Meditation: Father, sinning against you is to sin against myself. Therefore, in your forgiving me, I must also forgive myself.

"Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself,
like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk.
Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me."
Psalm 131:2 (NLT)

Meditation: In the silence of the night, I listen for God's whisper. Speak, Lord, your servant is listening.

"Let us go to the sanctuary of the LORD;
let us worship at the footstool of his throne." Psalm 132.7 (NLT)

Meditation: Yes, God is present in his Church, but more importantly, God is within me. I am God breathed.

"Here I will increase the power of David; my anointed one will be a light for my people." Psalm 132:17 (NLT)

Meditation: God has chosen us all to be a light to the world.


Here is Psalm 2 from my book, "Praying the Psalms for the Unborn Child." 

Psalm 2

Holy Week
(The Reign of the LORD'S Anointed.)

"This is my only begotten Son. Listen to Him." The man in Psalm 1 has now become God's only begotten Son 4.

1Why are the nations in an uproar
And the peoples devising a vain thing?
2The kings of the earth take their stand
And the rulers take counsel together
Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
3"Let us tear their fetters apart
And cast away their cords from us!"

4He who sits in the heavens laughs,
The Lord scoffs at them.
5Then He will speak to them in His anger
And terrify them in His fury, saying,
6"But as for Me, I have installed My King
Upon Zion, My holy mountain."

7"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD:
He said to Me, 'You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8'Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance,
And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.
9'You shall break them with a rod of iron,
You shall shatter them like earthenware.'"

10Now therefore, O kings, show discernment;
Take warning, O judges of the earth.
11Worship the LORD with reverence
And rejoice with trembling.
12Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way,
For His wrath may soon be kindled
How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!
Psalm 2 describes conditions surrounding our Lord during Holy Week. The Jewish authorities, the secular world, cannot tolerate Him 5. They protest (1:1) and plot against Jesus, the anointed (the Christ) (2:2), and reject God and His Son (2:3). Yet God in heaven laughs at their plans (2:4) and scolds them (2:5). For God has established Jesus as King of His Church (Sion) (2:6) and declared Him to be His begotten Son (2:7), the King over all the earth (2:8), who will judge the nations (2:9). He warns His people to listen to Jesus (2:10) and serve Him (2:11). Jesus will bless those who trust in Him (on Judgment Day) (2:12).

Prayer for life: Dear Jesus, King of all creation, I am also suffering as I struggle to make the right choices. Teach me to serve You as you deserve. Stay with me, Lord, and support me through this trying time. Jesus, I trust in You. Amen.

Have a blessed day!
John


Reardon, Patrick. Christ in the Psalms. Ben Lomond, CA: Conciliar Press, 2000. 4. Print.
Reardon 3.

Scripture (Psalms 1-21) taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment