Friday, September 30, 2016


"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever." Psalm 136:1 (NLT)

Meditation: I am without fear or anxiety because God's faithful love endures forever.

"Give thanks to him who led his people through the wilderness. 
His faithful love endures forever." Psalm 136:16 (NLT)

Meditation: The Lord leads me through the wilderness to peaceful streams.

"Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His faithful love endures forever." Psalm 136:26 (NLT)

Meditation: The Lord is my helper. He will not leave me without support. His faithful love endures forever.
____________________

Books

Here is Psalm 4 from my book, "Praying the Psalms for the Unborn Child." 


Psalm 4 

Agony in the Garden
Evening Prayer of Trust in God.
1Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have relieved me in my distress;
Be gracious to me and hear my prayer.

2O sons of men, how long will my honor become a reproach?
How long will you love what is worthless and aim at deception?

3But know that the LORD has set apart the godly man for Himself;
The LORD hears when I call to Him.

4Tremble, and do not sin;
Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still.

5Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And trust in the LORD.

6Many are saying, "Who will show us any good?"
Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O LORD!
7You have put gladness in my heart,
More than when their grain and new wine abound.
8In peace I will both lie down and sleep,
For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.
Jesus is asking His Father to help Him in His distress (4:1). How long will we ignore Jesus because we are so distracted by the glamor of worldly things (4:2)? But God will answer the prayers of Jesus, His Holy One8 (4:3). Jesus admonishes us to think about what we are doing before God, to not sin, and to examine our conscience in silence as we lie on our beds (4:4). Be willing to sacrifice to do what is right and trust in God (4:5). We ask for good things and beg Him to look kindly on us (4:6), for we are happier than those who take delight in material success (wine and corn) (4:7). For we feel safe and at peace in the hope of dying and rising again (lying down and sleeping) as Jesus did9 (4:8).

Prayer for life: Lord, I am willing to abandon the ways of the world and make the sacrifices necessary to give birth to my baby. I trust in You and know that by doing the Father's will, I will experience a joy greater than any pleasure the world can offer. Amen.

Have a blessed day!
John



8The Orthodox Study Bible. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2008. 683. Print.
9The Orthodox Study Bible 683.

Scripture (Psalms 1-21) taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment