Wednesday, September 14, 2016


"I have tried hard to find you—
don’t let me wander from your commands.
11I have hidden your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:10-11 (NLT)

Meditation: Father, because of your word (your commands) and your Word (Jesus), I have overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil.

"Open my eyes to see
the wonderful truths in your instructions.
I am only a foreigner in the land.
Don’t hide your commands from me!" Psalm 119:18-19 (NLT)

Meditation: Father, in your Word (law and Jesus) I have found you! Blessed are my eyes, for they see, and my ears, for they hear.

"I have run the way of thy commandments, when thou didst enlarge my heart." Psalm 119:32 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Meditation: "The Lord's yoke is soft and light. When one accepts it, one feels immediately its sweetness and proclaims with the Psalmist: 'I have run in the way of your commandments since you opened up my heart.' Only charity can dilate the heart. O Jesus, since this sweet flame consumes it, I run with joy in the path of your new commandment (love God with all your heart; love others as I have loved you)... I want to run there until that blessed day when I will be able to follow you in the infinite spaces." 

"Make me walk along the path of your commands,
for that is where my happiness is found...
I will walk in freedom, 
for I have devoted myself to your commandments."
Psalm 119:35,45 (NLT)

Meditation: Father, your Word (commands and Jesus) has set me free from earthly chains to experience the bliss of heaven.

With all my heart I want your blessings.
Be merciful as you promised." Psalm 119:58 (NLT)

Meditation: Lord Jesus Christ, Beloved Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.


de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 87. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment