Saturday, July 16, 2016



"Won’t you revive us again, so your people can rejoice in you?" Psalm 85:6 (RSVCE)


Meditation: Lord, you have delivered me from evil, forgiven my iniquities, and healed my diseases. I rejoice in you. 

"I listen carefully to what God the LORD is saying, for he speaks peace to his faithful people. But let them not return to their foolish ways." Psalm 85:6 (RSVCE)

Meditation: God is truth, but he realizes that we are not always truthful. He is righteous or just, but he knows we are not always just. It is because of his unfailing love for us, and his divine mercy that tempers his justice, that we experience his peace, a peace that comes from knowing that God understands our weaknesses and loves us anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thought came to me months ago when I was writing my comments about suffering that I posted in my blog of July 12. I just found it on my laptop:

God says: “I have my reasons; you cannot understand them now, but you will one day when you’re with me. Then all will be made clear. For the time being, know that I love you more than you love yourself, I feel your pain more than you feel it yourself, and that I will always want what is best for you - even if it hurts.” 

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment