Tuesday, July 5, 2016



"So then, may they put their hope in God, and may they not forget the works of God, and may they seek his commandments." 
Psalm 78:7 (CPDV)

Meditation: As I approach the finish line, I pass the baton of remembrance of God's love to my wife and children and to the world at large.

"He broke through the rock in the wasteland, and he gave them to drink, as if from the great abyss." 
Psalm 78:15 (CPDV)

Meditation: Just as water from the rock satisfied the thirst of the Israelites in the desert, so does the water that flowed forth from the side of Christ satisfy our thirst for eternal life.

"And he commanded the clouds from above, and he opened the doors of heaven. And he rained down manna upon them to eat, and he gave them the bread of heaven. Man ate the bread of Angels. He sent them provisions in abundance." 
Psalm 78:23-25 (CPDV)

Meditation: Lord, you are the bread of life. Thank you for all you have done for me and mine.

"And he remembered that they are flesh: with a spirit that goes forth and does not return."
Psalm 78:39 (CPDV)

Meditation: Lord, you know how weak a creature I am. Yet you came to heal creatures like me. Heal me then in body and soul.

"And he took away his own people like sheep, and he led them through the wilderness like a flock." Psalm 78:52 (CPDV)

Meditation: Father, when I see all the wonderful things you have done for me, I am speechless.

"And he led them out in hope, and they did not fear. And the sea covered their enemies." Psalm 78:53 (CPDV)

Meditation: When storms arise, I will not fear, dread or be terrified because the Lord is with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 40th prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!

Prayer 40

Madonna in Glory1

O blessed Aloysius, adorned with angelic virtues, I thy most unworthy suppliant recommend specially to thee the chastity of my soul and body, praying thee by thy angelic purity to plead for me with Jesus Christ the Immaculate Lamb, and His most Holy Mother, Virgin of virgins, that they would vouchsafe to keep me from all grievous sin. Never suffer me to be defiled with any stain of impurity; but when thou dost see me in temptation, or in danger of falling, then remove far from my mind all evil thoughts and unclean desires. Amen.79


1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
79"Raccolta: St. Aloysius Gonzaga" Web. 18 June 2016. 
<http://www.liturgialatina.org/raccolta/aloysius.htm>.

Biblical quotes taken from The Sacred Bible, Catholic Public Domain Version, Original Edition, 2009. Ronald L. Conte Jr., translator and editor. (CPDV)
<http://www.sacredbible.org/catholic/index.htm>

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment