Tuesday, July 26, 2016


"For you, a thousand years are as a passing day, as brief as a few night hours. You sweep people away like dreams that disappear. They are like grass that springs up in the morning. In the morning it blooms and flourishes, but by evening it is dry and withered."
Psalm 90:4-6 (NLT)


Meditation: Life is so fragile and short. To whom do you look for security? When I leave this world, I am going home. The Lord is my home. My security lies in him. 

Meditations of 
Thérèse de Lisieux

"What speed, Oh! I better get to work while the light of my life still shines."

"One day is an instant between two eternities."

"A thousand years are like one day on the Celestial Plain, but that day must be eternal."† 

"In your eyes times is nothing, only one day is like a thousand years, 
you can therefore in an instant prepare me to appear before you."

de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 80-81. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment