Sunday, July 3, 2016



"From the heavens thou didst utter judgment;
    the earth feared and was still,
when God arose to establish judgment
    to save all the oppressed of the earth." Psalm 76 8-9 (RSVCE)


Meditation: "Soon Jesus will rise up to save the gentle and the humble of the earth.

You who come to redeem the earth,
Defend the elect. (...)
O child! Raise your voice
To save the humble and gentle heart." Thérèse de Lisieux

"I consider the days of old,
    I remember the years long ago.
 I commune with my heart in the night;
    I meditate and search my spirit:
 “Will the Lord spurn for ever,
    and never again be favorable?" Psalm 77:5-7 (RSVCE)

Meditation: I have removed the veil of sin that kept me from feeling your presence. Father, it was not you who turned against me, but I who rejected you.

"Thy way was through the sea,
    thy path through the great waters;
    yet thy footprints were unseen." Psalm 77:19 (RSVCE)

Meditation: Although at times I lost my way, you were always there, Lord, leading me through mighty waters.

de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 77. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the 39th prayer from my book, 100 Prayers of Purity for the Mission of Our Lady of America. Enjoy!

Prayer 39

Madonna in Glory1

O Lady most pure, who by reason of thy virginal purity didst merit the glory to be so bright and so majestic in thy body after death; obtain for us the strength to detach ourselves from every foul spirit of impurity. Amen.
77

1"Madonna in Glory." Web. 18 May 2016.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ File:Dolci_ Madonna_ p1070185.jpg>
77"Raccolta: Third Novena: In Preparation for the Feast of the Annunciation." Web. 1 July 2016. 
<http://www.liturgialatina.org/raccolta/novenas.htm>.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment