Saturday, October 8, 2016


"When I am overwhelmed,
you alone know the way I should turn." Psalm 142:1-3 (NLT)

Meditation: Lord, in times of darkness, you are my light. Show me the way I should turn.

"I looked on my right hand, and beheld, and there was no one that would know me. Flight hath failed me: and there is no one that hath regard to my soul." Psalm 142:4 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Meditation: (Thérèse had hoped to die during the night.) "'I looked to my right and, behold, there is no one who knows me...' I mean no one who knows the hour of my death... There is only the Thief (Jesus who is waiting to steal her soul) and he is hidden!" 

"Don’t put your servant on trial,
for no one is innocent before you." Psalm 143:2 (NLT)

Meditation: I just do my best and let God do the rest.

"Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
on a firm footing." Psalm 143:10 (NLT)

Meditation: Lord, give me the wisdom to discern your will and the courage to follow it.


de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 92. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.


____________________

Books

Here is Psalm 8 from my book, "Praying the Psalms for the Unborn Child." 


Psalm 8

The Incarnation
The LORD'S Glory and Man's Dignity.
1O LORD, our Lord,
How majestic is Your name in all the earth,
Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens!
2From the mouth of infants and nursing babes You have established strength
Because of Your adversaries,
To make the enemy and the revengeful cease.

3When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
4What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?
5Yet You have made him a little lower than God,
And You crown him with glory and majesty!
6You make him to rule over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,
7All sheep and oxen,
And also the beasts of the field,
8The birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea,
Whatever passes through the paths of the seas.

9O LORD, our Lord,
How majestic is Your name in all the earth!
How wonderful is the name of Our Incarnate Lord14, Jesus Christ, praised throughout the world (in all the earth) and glorified beyond the heavens (8:1). The praises sung to You by Your humble children silences the enemy (8:2). When I contemplate the universe that You created (8:3), I see in what esteem You hold us poor mortals (8:4). You saved us from death and crowned us with glory in heaven (8:5). You placed us in charge of the earth and all its creatures (8:6-8). For all these reasons, Lord, Your name is wonderful in all the earth (8:9).

Prayer for Life: Lord, You became man to save my soul and bring me to heaven. I am not worthy of the such a sacrifice, but I will praise You for it all the days of my life. I humbly beg You to help the government, lawyers, judges, politicians, doctors, nurses, educators, media and all those who promote abortion to abandon their wicked practices. Let my prayers strike fear in the evil one and all who do his bidding. As for me, Lord, give me the courage and strength to bring my baby into the world to raise it myself or to entrust it into the hands of a loving adoptive family. Amen.

Have a blessed day!
John



14The Orthodox Study Bible. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2008. 685. Print.

Scripture (Psalms 1-21) taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment