Thursday, October 20, 2016


"I consider everything to be a loss, because of the preeminent knowledge of Jesus Christ, my Lord."
Philippians 3:8

BLESSÈD SAVIOR, THEE I LOVE

by George Duffield, Jr.

Blessèd Savior, Thee I love,
All my other joys above;
All my hopes in Thee abide,
Thou my Hope, and naught betide;
Ever let my glory be,
Only, only, only Thee.
Once again beside the cross,
All my gain I count but loss;
Earthly pleasures fade away,
Clouds they are that hide my day;
Hence, vain shadows! let me see
Jesus, crucified for me.
Blessèd Savior, Thine am I,
Thine to live, and Thine to die;
Height or depth, or creature power,
Ne’er shall hide my Savior more;
Ever shall my glory be,
Only, only, only Thee.
Scriptural texts: Ronald L. Conte Jr., translator and editor: The SacredBible, Catholic Public Domain Version, Original Edition.
Song retrieved from The Cyber Hymnal™ which lists over 11,000 Christian hymns with bios, midi files, and sheet music.
____________________

Books

Here is Psalm 15 from my book, "Praying the Psalms for the Unborn Child." 

Psalm 15

Description of a Citizen of Zion.
Transfiguration: teaches us how to live once we have been transfigured like Christ on Mt Tabor21.
1O LORD, who may abide in Your tent?
Who may dwell on Your holy hill?
2He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness,
And speaks truth in his heart.
3He does not slander with his tongue,
Nor does evil to his neighbor,
Nor takes up a reproach against his friend;
4In whose eyes a reprobate is despised,
But who honors those who fear the LORD;
He swears to his own hurt and does not change;
5He does not put out his money at interest,
Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent
He who does these things will never be shaken.
Lord, how is the person supposed to live who has given his life to Jesus (15:1)? He does what is right and just and is holy (15:2). He strives to always do good and speak only good things (15:3). He avoids bad company, surrounds himself with those who revere the Lord, and keeps his word no matter how painful (15:4). He treats others fairly and loves his neighbor. Thus he will find peace in this world and in the next22.

Prayer for life: Sweet Jesus, I accept You as my Lord and Savior and out of love for You I only want to do what is right and just. How can I reverence God yet reject this wonderful gift of life He has given me? No, I will have this child despite the difficulties, knowing that this decision will give me peace in this life and bring me to eternal glory in heaven. Amen.

Have a blessed day!
John


21The Orthodox Study Bible. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2008. 689. Print.
22The Orthodox Study Bible. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2008. 689. Print.


Scripture (Psalms 1-21) taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment