Sunday, October 16, 2016


"For the Word of God is living and effective: more piercing than any two-edged sword." Hebrews 4:12

THE WORD OF GOD

by Haldor Lillenas

The Word of God is like a light
That shines serenely thro’ the night;
Its rays will light my weary way
To the realms of a fair, unending day.
The Word of God is like a sword
That pierces hearts, thus saith the Lord;
And like a hammer, weighty, strong,
That can break up the rocks of sin and wrong.
The Word of God is like the bread
On which the hosts of old were fed;
From Heav’n it came to fill our need,
Hungry hearts it will satisfy indeed.
The Word of God is like a fire,
It kindles in our hearts desire
To see its Author face to face
And to know all the fullness of His grace.
The Word of God is strong and sure,
Forevermore it shall endure,
When oceans cease to kiss the shore,
When suns shall set to rise no more;
’Mid crash of worlds it shall remain
Unshaken midst the starry rain,
Upon its firm foundation strong,
I will plant my feet thro’ the ages long.
Scriptural texts: Ronald L. Conte Jr., translator and editor: The SacredBible, Catholic Public Domain Version, Original Edition.
Song retrieved from The Cyber Hymnal™ which lists over 11,000 Christian hymns with bios, midi files, and sheet music.
____________________

Books

Here is Psalm 13 from my book, "Praying the Psalms for the Unborn Child."

Psalm 13
Prayer for Help in Trouble.
Christ on the cross.
1How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
2How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
Having sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?

3Consider and answer me, O LORD my God;
Enlighten my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death,
4And my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
And my adversaries will rejoice when I am shaken.

5But I have trusted in Your loving kindness;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
6I will sing to the LORD,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.
Lord (God), why have You forsaken Me (Jesus) (13:1-2)? Answer Me, O Lord (God) lest evil overcome Me. Make Your presence known to Me at this hour of My death (13:3). Otherwise the wicked will rejoice in their victory (13:4). Yet, the devil will not prevail because I have trusted in the Lord's (God's) mercy (loving kindness). I will praise Him for the kindness (bounty) He has shown Me by restoring my life (salvation, i.e., resurrection) in His great mercy (13:5-6).

Prayer for Life: Dear Lord, I feel so alone. I need to feel Your strength if I am to get through this pregnancy. Yet, I know that things will work out because I trust in You. In the end, I will praise You for saving my soul and my baby's life. Amen.

Have a blessed day!
John

Scripture (Psalms 1-21) taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment