Monday, August 1, 2016



" If I said: My foot is moved: thy mercy, O Lord, assisted me."  Psalm 94:18 (NLT)


Meditation: "If we try to do something great, even if motivated by our own zeal, Good Jesus leaves us alone. But as soon as I said, My foot moved!... your mercy, Lord, strengthened me... Yes, it is enough to humiliate oneself, to endure with sweetness ones imperfections. That is true holiness!"

de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 83. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.

"But mightier than the violent raging of the seas, mightier than the breakers on the shore— the LORD above is mightier than these!" Psalm 93:4 (NLT)

Meditation: We got a glimpse of the power of God when Jesus told the storm to be still; and when the Jewish soldier in the Garden of Gethsemane told Jesus that he was looking for Jesus of Nazareth, and Jesus responded, "I am he." And the force of his words knocked the soldiers to the ground. Yes, our God is an awesome God.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment