Monday, August 15, 2016


"He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!" Psalm 103:3-5 (NLT)

Meditation: Father, some days are diamonds; some days are stones. But I thank you for them all. And if today we suffer, we know that one day we will be with you in your kingdom where you will wipe away every tear, and sickness and death will be no more. Until then, may your kingdom come and your will be done. Amen.

"He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. The LORD is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust." Psalm 103:12-14 (NLT)

Meditation: I used to like telling visitors to the Seton Shrine, where I was a tour guide, that God found me very entertaining, but a lot of work. One day someone spoke up and said, "That's not what I heard!" That was funny, but the comment made me think: even if God finds me less than entertaining at times, he is always there in the audience letting me know that he appreciates the effort. 

Meditation: "I ought to be upset over falling asleep for the past seven years during my prayers and acts of thanksgiving; well, I am not upset.... I think that 'The Lord sees our weakness, that he remembers that we are only dust.' That's what I keep reading in my notebook, everything is alright, my soul.... These pages will do a lot of good. People will become more familiar with the sweetness of the Good God." 

"Praise the LORD, you angels, you mighty ones who carry out his plans, listening for each of his commands. Yes, praise the LORD, you armies of angels who serve him and do his will!" Psalm 103:20-21 (NLT)

Meditation: I, too, praise the Lord, for he loves me with an everlasting love.

de Lisieux, St. ThérèseLa Bible avec Thérèse de Lisieux. Paris, France: Les Éditions du Cerf et Desclée De Brouwer, 1979. 84-85. Print. Trans. John P. Gross.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment