Sunday, February 5, 2017

Psalms 12, 13 and 14 from my new book:

A NEW LOOK AT THE OLD PSALMS
Praying the Psalms: a modern interpretation

A New Look at the Old Psalms

____________________

I present here a new perspective on the psalms. I have rewritten them from a New 
Testament Christ-centered point of view. I did not try to capture the poetry of the 
psalms – I leave that to more gifted writers – but I attempted to capture their message
with a more modern interpretation.
God bless,
John
____________________

Psalm 12

H

ow sad that I live in a world where evil seeks to crush the godly! 
Flattery, deceit and lying are accepted as normal. Yet the Lord has
promised to help those who call on him. Therefore, I am without
fear or anxiety because I dwell in the presence of the Most High God.
Father, deliver me from all evil. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.


Psalm 13

F
ather, anguish fills my soul; sorrow grips my heart. Show yourself 
so that my spirit may be revived. Let your light dispel the shadows
of fear and doubt. Rescue me and I will rejoice with songs of praise
and thanksgiving. Lord, be kind to your servant who loves you above
all creatures and all things. Amen.


Psalm 14

L
ord, I would have to be a fool to deny your existence. Without your moral compass, I would succumb to every evil. As you look down from heaven upon your creatures on earth, I trust that you see me as one who seeks to do your will. I pray morning and night, not because I fear the loss of heaven, but because I experience great peace in knowing that you listen to my prayers. Keep an eye on me, Jesus, and your Church. Wash away my sins, Lord, and make me once again white as snow. Then I will celebrate your loving kindness before the world all the remaining days of my life. Amen.
____________________

Cover image: Christ the Saviour (Pantokrator)." Web. 25 Sept 2016.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Spas_vsederzhitel_sinay.jpg
"Creative Commons License." Web. 18 May 2016.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

This book and other books I have written are posted for your reading pleasure at Booksie.

Scriptural quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, 
copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois
60189. All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2016 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must 
be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is 
offered to the public free of charge for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment