Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Psalms 10 and 11 from my new book:

A NEW LOOK AT THE OLD PSALMS
Praying the Psalms: a modern interpretation

A New Look at the Old Psalms

____________________

I present here a new perspective on the psalms. I have rewritten them from a New 
Testament Christ-centered point of view. I did not try to capture the poetry of the 
psalms – I leave that to more gifted writers – but I attempted to capture their message
with a more modern interpretation.
God bless,
John
____________________


Psalm 10

L
ord, evil surrounds me on all sides. Where are you? How is it that those who reject you become so successful while the helpless are victimized? Then it occurs to me that you are ever mindful of those who suffer. You are quietly working on a plan to save them from their distress. Use me, Lord, to accomplish your work. Let me be a source of hope and comfort to the helpless and a sword of justice for those treated unfairly by others. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Psalm 11

W

hat a perilous world we live in! Law and order have broken down, and the innocent are threatened by the wicked. I am torn between trying to escape to a safer place or standing my ground and resisting. Lord, you have always been my help in times of trouble. How could I forget that you are in control? In my panic, I thought that you had abandoned me. Then a blessed assurance swept over me: those who seek to do what is right and just can always count on your support. Lord, you are my rock and my salvation, and that gives me hope. Amen. 

____________________


Cover image: Christ the Saviour (Pantokrator)." Web. 25 Sept 2016.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Spas_vsederzhitel_sinay.jpg
"Creative Commons License." Web. 18 May 2016.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

This book and other books I have written are posted for your reading pleasure at Booksie.

Scriptural quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, 
copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois
60189. All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2016 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must 
be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is 
offered to the public free of charge for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment