Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Welcome!

I created this blog to share some of my ideas on God that I have distilled over the years. At 67 years of age, I have had plenty of time to look back over my life and see all of the good things God has done for me and my family. And yes, there have been some sad times in my life, just as there have been in yours, and we'll talk about those as well.

For most of my life, God has been on my mind. Raised in the Catholic church, I wrestled as a young man with the thought of becoming a priest. Although my parish priest tried to recruit me, I had discovered girls and knew deep down that I just couldn't live without them!

My wife, Donna, and I celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary August, 2015, so I know I made the right choice! We have two wonderful children, Julie and Paul, and a cat who, when she is awake, responds to the name of Dixie.

I've worked in advertising sales, been a home and hospital French and Spanish teacher, and for 15 years ran a Disney travel business online, affordabledisney.com. I retired and shuttered the business in 2015. Until recently, I was a docent/tour guide for the Seton shrine in Emmitsburg, Md. Now I am completely retired and am waiting for God to let me know what he wants me to do next.

I will be posting some observations about the word of God, how to read his signs to us, and thoughts about him that might be of help to you.

Why am I writing this blog? I feel that God is calling me to feed his sheep, to bring light to a world of darkness, and perhaps more importantly, to let you know that he loves you very much.

I welcome your comments and questions. In an internet world of indistinguishable faces, perhaps you and I can get to know each other a little better. I look forward to hearing from you and discussing whatever is on your mind. I may not have the answer you're looking for, but perhaps it will do us both good to talk about it.

God loves you,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment