Thursday, April 14, 2016

"But his will is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he shall meditate day and night." (Psalm 1:2)

Meditation: I delight in doing all that the Lord wants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the years I have composed some prayer books. I would like to share them with you. I will post excerpts from each book in this blog. I begin today with Rosary Poetry: Poems on the life of Jesus Christ. Enjoy!



Rosary Poetry: Poems on the Life of Jesus Christ

The Annunciation

God sends His messenger
To a young Jewish girl,
Praying for the Messiah
To arrive in her world.

God hears His people's cries,
A prayerful symphony.
The angels of heaven
Sigh for love's company.

Heaven arrives on earth,
Bated breath, time stands still.
Divine promise to keep,
Prophecy to fulfill.

"You will bring forth a Son.
Endless mercy and love.
A champion of the poor,
Descended from above."

- I am sworn to the Lord.
My fruit a life of prayer.
"He'll be a gift from God.
His Spirit you will share."

- I am the Lord's handmaid.
What you wish I will do.
God's will, not mine, be done.
I acquiesce to you.


Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge for the glory of God, in deep appreciation for the mercy and grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary.




No comments:

Post a Comment