Thursday, April 28, 2016

"Return, O LORD, and rescue me. Save me because of your unfailing love.
" (Psalm 6:4)

Meditation: The Lord hears my crying and lifts my burdens.

"I come to you for protection, O LORD my God." (Psalm 7:1)

Meditation: I count on the Lord to help me overcome my struggles.


"God is my shield, saving those whose hearts are true and right." (Psalm 7:10)

Meditation: The Lord rescues me from all my fears.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the sixth excerpt from my book, Rosary Poetry: Poems on the life of Jesus Christ. Enjoy!


The Baptism in the Jordan

The Son of David did answer the call
Of the one who was crying in the wild.
For He was the one the prophets did say,
Would reinstate our kinship as God's child.

Time stood still as their eyes met each other,
Each knowing the other's mission to bear.
John to prepare them; Jesus to heal them,
The King's royal road uphill would start there.

The One without sin had come to be cleansed,
But John knew the lamb of God would forgive.
More than just plant a new spirit within,
The Messiah would teach us how to live.

Our Savior rose from the sacred water,
Wings of a dove and heaven all around,
As His Father proclaimed Him as His Son,
Who would cause divine mercy to rain down.

We are also the Father's favored ones.
He bestows His blessings upon us all.
He beckons us to be His disciples,
To abide in His house when we are called.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge for the glory of God, in deep appreciation for the mercy and grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment