Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Psalm 6 from my new book:

A NEW LOOK AT THE OLD PSALMS
Praying the Psalms: a modern interpretation

A New Look at the Old Psalms

____________________

I present here a new perspective on the psalms. I have rewritten them from a New 
Testament Christ-centered point of view. I did not try to capture the poetry of the 
psalms – I leave that to more gifted writers – but I attempted to capture their message
with a more modern interpretation.
God bless,
John
____________________



Psalm 6

L

ord, I am sorry that I have disappointed you again. As St. Paul said, “For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do — this I keep on doing.” Romans 7:19 (NLT) Yet you know that I am a weak creature, and you take pity on me. Jesus, you came to heal the sick and the sinner. Come then and heal me in body and soul so that I may once again shine in your presence. I am heartsick for having offended you and I fear at times that evil will drive me away from you completely. Yet my soul reminds me constantly that you love me, even when I fail. Upon my request, you are ever ready to help me get back on the path that leads to you. For that I will be eternally grateful. Amen.

____________________


Cover image: Christ the Saviour (Pantokrator)." Web. 25 Sept 2016.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Spas_vsederzhitel_sinay.jpg
"Creative Commons License." Web. 18 May 2016.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

This book and other books I have written are posted for your reading pleasure at Booksie.

Scriptural quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, 
copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois
60189. All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2016 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must 
be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is 
offered to the public free of charge for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment