Sunday, November 13, 2016


Books

Psalm 26 from my book, "Praying the Psalms for the Unborn Child."


Psalm 26
Protestation of Integrity and Prayer for Protection.
1 Vindicate me, O LORD, for I have walked in my integrity,
And I have (C)trusted in the LORD without wavering.
2 Examine me, O LORD, and try me;
Test my mind and my heart.
3 For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes,
And I have walked in Your truth.
4 I do not sit with deceitful men,
Nor will I go with pretenders.
5 I hate the assembly of evildoers,
And I will not sit with the wicked.
6 I shall wash my hands in innocence,
And I will go about Your altar, O LORD,
7 That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving
And declare all Your wonders.
8 O LORD, I love the habitation of Your house
And the place where Your glory dwells.
9 Do not take my soul away along with sinners,
Nor my life with men of bloodshed,
10 In whose hands is a wicked scheme,
And whose right hand is full of bribes.
11 But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity;
Redeem me, and be gracious to me.
12 My foot stands on a level place;
In the congregations I shall bless the LORD.
Jesus prays to the Father on behalf of His Church48. Declare our innocence, Father, for we walk in Your ways and trust in You. Examine our souls; test our hearts. Have mercy on us who strive for righteousness and avoid evil. We approach You with praise on our lips and with a clear conscience to proclaim Your marvelous deeds (26:1-7). We love Your Church for You dwell there in glory. Do not condemn us with those who do evil for we are innocent and beg for Your mercy. Keep us from falling and we will praise You in the assembly of the faithful (26:8-12).

Prayer for life: Father, Judge me not with those who promote the evil of abortion. Examine my heart and find me guiltless for I intend to have my baby despite the obstacles I face. For I love You, Father, and know that my baby is indeed a marvelous gift, a treasure given to me from Your hands. Support me during this difficult time and may my baby and I sing Your praises for all eternity. Amen.


Have a blessed day!
John


48The Orthodox Study Bible. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2008. 697. Print.

Scripture (Psalms 25-36) taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

Copyright © 2010 by John P. Gross. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this material must be done in its entirety with the copyright notice intact. This book is not for sale, but is offered to the public free of charge in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment